Thursday, July 23, 2009

How to Become Part of the Blogosphere



My mind was wandering today as I periodically checked my Google Reader and I remembered how at first, I had no idea how blogs worked. I had no clue that I could know when a blog was updated!

So, I decided to share how to follow blogs with you all!

As I'm sure you've gathered from past posts, I believe blogs are an AMAZING resource for not only weddings, but everything under the sun you can imagine. I've found sales at stores, home goods, gadgets, and recent news through blogs. It is unbelievable how you are able to be connected to other people in throughout the world and even form "bonds" with those people.

The first blog I started following was Style Me Pretty. All I did was type in the web address every day and proceed to scroll through the new posts. But then, I started to find other blogs through those SMP posts. And then even more blogs! And I wanted to be able to look at them all, but my Favorites folder was getting SO full!

Then my wonderful best friend and blog veteran told me I could follow the blogs! So I signed up for Google Reader, which easily linked up with my existing Google username.

I now have SO many blogs that I follow and I add more every day-I'm not kidding. But I'm able to see an array of different weddings, photographers' posts, ideas, dresses, invitations, and designs, and that's only wedding related!

Here are some blogs that I follow that I would feel incomplete without:

Here are some blog following programs available for your use:

So go ahead and become part of the "Blogosphere". Sign up for a blog following program and start adding your favorite blogs. Look for the "RSS Feed" link, "Subscribe", or the RSS icon (found at the top of the post) to add a blog's feed. Good luck with starting to fill your screen (and head) with up-to-date blog posts!


Happy following!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin