Monday, July 27, 2009

Thinking About a Wedding Planner?

I spent my weekend at a Wedding Planning Certification course put on by Masterpiece Weddings' Melissa DiStefano. It was amazing and very informative! I learned how to do more to pull together the big day beyond picking out a dress and making programs. I'm glad I did it, and I'm so excited to gain a lot more experience in the wedding field in the near future as time progresses.

Why did I decide to take a wedding planning class? From my own experiences, I believe it is much easier for the bride to enjoy herself when using a wedding planner. I wanted a wedding planner because it would mean less stress for me and my mom on the day of the wedding. But there is so much more that goes on behind the scenes, and this is where having a wedding planner becomes critical.

There are numerous things to consider when planning a wedding, and even more that has to be done while the bride is preparing to walk down the aisle. It is possible to plan everything yourself and have a great DIY wedding, but who is going to tell people when it's the right time to walk down the aisle, or take care of the centerpieces that aren't arranged properly, or ensure the venue is set up exactly right?

While the bridal party is getting hair and makeup done, the ceremony is already being set up. And while the bride and groom are having pictures taken, the cake is being set out and finishing touches for the reception are taking place. The bride certainly can't be monitoring these tasks while she is supposed to be enjoying her day! Also, the responsibility shouldn't fall to parents or extended family because they're supposed to enjoy the day too.

To me, it's logical to have help with your wedding- someone who understands your vision and knows how to put it together efficiently-
and a wedding planner is the perfect person to take on this role.

Cost is usually the most deterring factor when brides consider hiring a wedding planner, but there are planners who offer a variety of packages to suit every bride's budget. For example, I planned the majority of my wedding, but I hired a planner to help me coordinate the specifics and details of the actual wedding day. As a bride, this was what I wanted so that I could maintain my sanity and enjoy the best day of my life!

I know that as a wedding planner, my sole focus will be on keeping the bride happy and making sure she looks back on her wedding day and remembers all of the good things about that day, without having to fret that all the details she worked so hard to plan actually come together!

For some more information about wedding planners, take a look at this
OneWed article- it's a great resource!

Did you use a wedding planner for your wedding? Are you on the fence about hiring one? What are your experiences with wedding planners? Please share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin