Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blue and Brown Inspiration Board

I've always loved the combination of blue and brown. It's so serene and calming- it reminds me of a spa for some reason. However, my inspiration for making this board came from the invitation suite below, by Brown Sugar Design. The colors are slightly muted and not too rich, giving it sophistication and at the same time a casual feel.

I'm a firm believer in color schemes being able to work in just about any setting. It all depends on how you use the colors and the tone of the colors used. I think with brown and blue, a pale combination would be best for a Spring wedding. However, using deeper hues of brown and blue would be an excellent combination for a Fall or Winter wedding!

Photobucket
Row 1: Cake, Invitations, Cupcakes
Row 2: Bridesmaids and Bride, Bouquet, Programs
Row 3: Boutonniere, Bridesmaids, Cocktail Table, Centerpiece
Row 4: Dress, Table setting, Bouquet

What an elegant combination of colors! I'm partial to the pale blue with a cocoa brown, but the rich blue and brown is great as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin