Friday, September 18, 2009

Why I Blog

I felt like sharing something about myself today, I hope you all won't mind. It's the answer to the question, "Why do you blog?" If you had asked me at this time last year about blogging, I wouldn't have had an answer because I had no idea about it! I knew that they existed, but I didn't know about the vast amounts of information, ideas, and inspiration (the three I's, how cute!) that were available through blogs.

In January (described in more detail here), I was told about Style Me Pretty. From then on, I was forever a member of the blogosphere. There are so many things that I would have done differently if I had been reading blogs earlier on in my wedding planning, as I've said several times in my blogging.


Photo from author's personal collection

I decided that when I returned from the honeymoon, I was going to start a wedding blog. But I didn't want to start a blog just because I was still in love with weddings. I started this blog because I want to help other brides, bridesmaids, mothers of brides, basically whoever is involved in a wedding! I want to provide tips and tricks to brides so their planning experience is fun and their wedding day goes smoothly.

I realized that I was one of the first in my circle of friends to get married, and therefore I didn't have anyone to go to for advice. At times, I know I was annoying my friends and mother with discussions of bridesmaid dresses, invitations, monograms, flowers, the list goes on and on. There were times that I felt like I had nowhere to turn for answers to questions about my wedding.

So brides, grooms, bridesmaids, mothers, fathers, whoever is reading: feel free to ask me questions! If you need some ideas, you can't decide on a monogram, invitations, centerpieces, whatever it may be, two heads are better than one! I would have loved to have someone to collaborate with on some of the decisions I had to make when planning my wedding. Leave me a comment, or send me an email. I will be more than happy to help!


In my few months of blogging and connecting with others in the wedding industry, I've realized that I truly do want to help others enjoy their wedding day. I'm working to gain more experience in the wedding industry so one day I can physically be there to help brides have the best wedding day that is possible!

So, for my friends, family, blog readers, and anyone else who was wondering, this is why I blog! I absolutely love doing it, and I can't wait to share more with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin